Gladiators is an Arcade minigame on Mineplex that was released on December 11th, 2015. Gladiators consists of multiple combat rounds in a confined arena, where players are pitted against each other in individual matches; the winner of the match is moved forward a round, with the loser being eliminated for the rest of the game. The sole survivor of all the players is declared the winner.
In Gladiators, players, also known as Gladiators, partake in a single-elimination tournament in the yellow Players Team, in which groups of two players fight and attempt to kill each other. During the first round, there are eight such pairs of players, all fighting in separate, confined arenas. When one player in a pair manages to kill the other, the former will be allowed to continue on to the next arena by passing through an entrance that was previously blocked by a wall of fences and being led by a trail of green particles. An obsidian wall appears and blocks the entrance once the player has crossed through.
At the same time, the loser of the pair is eliminated for the rest of the game, with the number of hearts their opponent possessed at the time of defeat shown in the chat. In the new arena, the player fights another opponent, who was the victor of their pair; the winner of this match continues on to another arena in an identical process as the last. If a fight lasts more than 54 seconds in a group, both members receive the Poison debuff. From the beginning to the end of the minigame, there are a total of four rounds. The victor of the final round is the winner of the minigame.
In the first round, Players receive leather armor, a wooden sword, a bow, a fishing rod, and 3 arrows. In the second round, players' armor is upgraded to gold, their sword is upgraded to stone, and they receive 6 arrows. In the third round, players get chainmail, an iron sword, and 9 arrows, and in the final round, players get diamond gear and 12 arrows.
A 'mini' version of the game was added to Nano Games in 2018. The game matches you with a random player each round. If you win, you get 10 points and if you lose, you get 5 points. Additionally, if you are the odd one out in the round you get 10 points as compensation. The player with the most points in the end wins!
|Round of 16||16||Leather||Wooden||3||
All maps include eight enclosed arenas, with four sets of two identical to each other. Generally, arenas become more hazardous and/or more difficult to navigate as players progress through rounds. The arena in the final round usually includes a centerpiece or stage.
"Cherry Bomb" by Picksoul
"Fierce Desert" by Picksoul
"Autumn Kingdom" by bribbs
"Urban" by Mineplex
"Mythical Forests" by brxxn
"Tribal Battleground" by Blast_ & AxeHam
"Harmony" by Wolfii
"Tropics" by SaltedPineapples
|Kit Description: At my signal, unleash hell.[Note 1]|
- Players can quickly cycle between and use their sword and their fishing rod by pressing 1 and 2 rapidly, or by sliding their mouse wheel down and up. When done correctly, this can create a nearly unbreakable combo on opponents.
- If a player is not too keen on close combat, or is especially adept at using a bow, lowering the opponent's health with arrows first can give the player a head start in damaging them, provided they keep their distance. Then, the player can charge in with their sword once they run out of arrows.
|10 Gems||Participation Reward|
|20 Gems||1st Place|
|15 Gems||2nd Place|
|10 Gems||3rd Place|
|10 Gems||First Blood|
|4 Gems||One kill|
|Battle Bred||Win 100 games of Gladiators.||1500 Gems|
|Brawler||Kill 3 players utilizing only fists.||1000 Gems|
|Gladiators Master Achievement||Unlock all Gladiators achievements.||TBD|
|Hardened Gladiator||Win 50 games of Gladiators.||1000 Gems|
|Precision||Don't miss any arrows in a game; a minimum of three arrows must be fired.||800 Gems|
|Swift Kill||Earn 15 first bloods in Gem rewards.||1000 Gems|
- Arrows do not disappear from the player's inventory when used sometimes.
- An extra arrow is given to the player when fired.
- [Added] Implemented a menu in the waiting lobby that allows customization of the hotbar.
- [Added] Minigame released.
- A reference to a quote said by Spanish-Roman General Maximus Decimus Meridius in the 2000 film Gladiator.