Cosmetics menu, Mineplex server
Weapon Names are reusable, persistent Cosmetics that provide a custom name for weapons. These names can then appear in Mineplex games and the chat upon, for example, killing another player with said weapon.
Weapon Names are available for swords, bows, and axes. They are not currently available for tools, such as pickaxes and shovels.
All sword names below diamond tier are Rare finds in Treasure Chests, based on Treasure Chest item rarities. Diamond sword names are rarer, and can usually only be earned by winning a Mineplex giveaway, completing a limited-time minigame, or other similar means.
To unlock axe and bow names, the player must first acquire the Immortal Rank, then purchase the appropriate perks from the Immortal Shop. Axes inherit the sword names of the same category—for example, only gold sword names can be applied to gold axes. Bows, on the other hand, can use any of the sword name categories.
List of Weapon Names
|3||Kevin's Lost Toothpick|
|1||Heart of the Mountain|
Diamond Weapon Names do not currently work due to a bug.
|#||Name||Color||Unlock requirements (if special)|
|1||Ice Heart||Unlocked by completing all challenges of the 2019 Advent Calendar|
|2||Oooh Shiny||Rare drop from Flaming Pumpkins during the 2018 and 2019 Halloween Events. Also given to Mineplex Oscars winners|
|3||Dragonslayer||Has never been available|
|4||Oblivion||Winning the Halloween Havoc game in Challenger mode. Only available during the 2018 Halloween Event|
|5||Deathraze||Winning the Halloween Havoc game in Challenger mode. Only available during the 2019 Halloween Event|
|6||Oathbreaker||Has never been available|
|7||Vanquisher||Has never been available|
|8||Noble Phantasm||Staff Appreciation 2019|
|9||Sweet Victory||Given to the winners of the 2019 Clash of the Cakes tournament|
|10||Rainbow Road||Letters alternate between the colors of the rainbow (, , , , , , , , , ), with one pair of glitchy symbols to the left and right in||Unlocked with Immortal Rank|
|11||No. 2 Pencil||Bundled with all rank upgrade and colour splash purchases during the 2019 Back to School sale|
|12||Hashtag||, with one pair of pound symbols to the left and right in||Infrequent Social Media giveaways|
|13||Gingerbread Man||Letters alternate between and||Unlocked by completing all challenges of the 2019 Advent Calendar on the day they were released|
|14||Excalibur||, with three pairs of glitchy symbols to the left and right in||Unlocked with Immortal Rank|
|15||Ban Hammer||, with two pairs of glitchy symbols to the left and right in||Staff Appreciation 2020 and 2021|
|16||Bone Rattlier||Winning the Halloween Havoc game in Challenger mode. Only available during the 2020 Halloween Event|
|17||World Edit||, with two pairs of glitchy symbols to the left and right in the same color||Given to the winner of the 2021 Map Submission Contest|
Custom weapon names
Additionally, at the cost of 80,000 Immortal Shop Points, a custom weapon name slot can be unlocked. Players can use this to freely name any of their weapons. As with regular weapon names, the perk to name axes and bows must be unlocked separately. This feature also supports colour codes.
- This feature is not available in Hubs or Clans servers.
- Weapon Names cannot be used in games where weapons would already be named by default. As an example, this includes Champions and its power swords.
- Several restrictions apply to custom Weapon Names. This is to prevent abuse, as well as clearly distinguishing them from regular weapon names:
- There is only one custom name slot available. In other words, all weapons using the custom naming option will share the exact same name.
- They are limited to one colour code, which also needs to be inserted before the name itself. Custom names are also automatically italicized.
- Custom names cannot be longer than 24 characters, including colour codes.
- As with regular chat messages, custom names are scanned for potential swear words and—if necessary—filtered. Attempting to circumvent this will result in a punishment.